View Profile JMartin97

23 movie Reviews with Responses

All 108 Reviews

Awesome as always! Great to see a new upload, congrats on the top 5 :D

guitarrob responds:

Thank you so much. I'm glad your enjoying the series so far. :)

Awesome, and good sound design, I bet this is on the frontpage very soon :)

Comick responds:

Thanks man! :) That would be awesome if it did!

This stuff is really good, impressed

cfequiere responds:

JMartin97 thank you! Stay tuned for more episodes :)

Very nice, I enjoyed the animation style, although it was somewhat disturbing whenever the characters turned left or right XD. The jokes and dialogue and gag at the end was funny, my only recommendation would be to add some variety to your camera angles, it seems to all take place from a side-view, and I think if you add some different angles, it might make things feel a little more exciting. Look forward to your next animation :)

SingingmuteStuff responds:

Thanks! My next one is a bit more cinematic so there'll be a few more angles haha.

Really good animation, great colors and was entertaining from beginning to end :)

Jectoons responds:

Thanks! I am glad you enjoyed it!

It's obvious you put some work into this, I think it has an interesting atmosphere but is held back by how flat it looks. I think maybe adding some shadows and some animations to the scenes where everyone is standing still talking would help add a lot, you could also have the camera really really slowly panning in and out as they talk, even if it's from far away having some more movement would help a lot I think. I also think you need to add some close-ups, and maybe even think about finding voice actors. As I was watching this I couldn't help but think how much it reminded me of an animation in an App Store game or something. The sounds effects are sparse but well done, and the motion in the action scenes is pretty cool. Good job :)

MC-Skeptik responds:

Thank you for the critique! Yes, i plan on adding all of those things in due time(the most difficult being voices).

I liked the music, and the illustrations look great, I think there needed to be a little more actual animation though. It's lacking a little in the sound effects department too.. adding some walking sound effects, and some noises for the hammer and the blood would go a long way. The timing of the music and the editing IS very cinematic, so good job on that. You should make some more!

P4DDDY responds:

Thanks for the feedback. If I had a bit more time to work on it I would have defiantly included more animation and sound effects to go alongside it. I'm glad you picked up on the cinematic feel :) Ill defiantly look to developing this idea more

It looks like you're off to a great start :) That's interesting that you use imotion, do you just use that? The hand-drawn frame-by-frame animation was very good. I think your next project should be a short with a little story, maybe with a lizard:P

hreyas responds:

Hehe thanks

I was super-impressed with both the length of the animation, and how much work you put into all of this. I've been on newgrounds since 1999 and have been submitting flashes/videos since then(just released my newest this week).. so this video was kind of bittersweet. I do miss the days of the old NG.. and the excitement of those years, but like your video says there are a lot of great new artists submitting stuff everyday and if you look hard enough you kind find some really fantastic work.

Enjoyed it from beginning to end, had a great pace, I thought the friendship between Frogman and pico was cute (in the most masculine way possible), and you put a crapton of work into those fake submissions, i was really impressed. This stands right next to all the great past pico day submissions, great job.

artistunknown responds:

Thank you. I'm happy you took the time to watch it to the end and enjoy it for what it is. I'm glad you got the point I was trying to get across ;3

This really was made for the people who have been regularly visiting Newgrounds for a long time, so I'm glad someone who has been here as long as you have can appreciate it. Means I did something right.

Normally when responding to a review I try to respond to every individual point someone makes, but this is really the perfect example of a review I was hoping to get on this, because you really got what I was trying to do with it, and just enjoyed it. So all I can really say is thanks! ;3

Talented

Amazing stuff, can't wait to see more, looks awesome.

danomano65 responds:

:D I'm glad that you enjoyed it!

Concluse, Little Big Apocalypse, REBOOT/Damaged Bags